Monday, October 17, 2011

There is one dress type that flatters every size and shape

Sighs of relief are reverberating around the country. According to U.S. Glamour magazine, there is one dress type that flatters every size and shape.



It is suitable for the office, yet sexy enough for a date - and affordable, too. This wonder garment is the jersey dress. Its draped front, three-quarter sleeves, longish length, cinched waist and clever ruching means it solves any problem even the most self-conscious woman can come up with.

Better still, it’s the sort of dress popularised by Brazilian designer Issa, and worn by Kate Middleton when announcing her engagement. So it’s on trend, too.

On trend: Liz Jones, left, says the jersey dress, popularised by Kate Middleton, right, suits and flatters every figure but that the bigger the girl, the better it looks


But does this style of dress really flatter every figure?

We tried out a wrap by Isabella Oliver in electric blue, at £99. And as you can see, the dress does look fabulous on all these women; playing up good points and disguising the bad points. The petite woman in particular is not swamped by this style, while the plus-size model looks pretty damn sexy.

I represented the tall, slim and ancient category, with a flat chest and flatter bottom thrown in for good measure.

But I think my shape is the least flattered by this style. You need curves to make it interesting and draping works better over a round bottom, while the plunging neckline looks better if you have breasts.

This style is great for my upper arms, but it doesn’t disguise my non-existent chest. If you are tall and thin, you need tailoring to give you definition.

But who cares. Skinny beanpoles with flat buttocks have myriad choices out there. This is one dress that gets better the bigger the girl. Amen to that.

PEAR

Rebecca says: I'm always attempting to play down my hips and the draping on this dress does that. It also miraculously manages to balance out my small bust and shoulders so I seem much more in

HOURGLASS

Katie says: Tunic or shift dresses often hide my waist so I appear bigger, but this dress skims my figure and the tie means it properly cinches in around my waist.

PETITE

Sarina says: I'm really small and often feel swamped by dresses or can appear too girly. But this dress feels sophisticated and perfect for day or night

BUSTY

Gina says: It's hard to find a dress that flatters my bust, but the V-neck shows off just enough skin and the neckline minimises my chest

PLUS SIZE

Clementine says: The draping on this dress stops it from being too clingy over my hips and stomach, while the nipped-in waist gives me a good shape - and the long sleeves hide my upper arms. Perfect!

ATHLETIC

Andrea says: Until I put on this dress I didn't think I'd ever have curves. Now the clever cut has given me the waist and hips I've always wanted

Read more related post on:
Fashion For Cooler Weather
Top 10 Hot Sales Cocktail Dress
Six body types and dress tips
Best selling prom dress
Top 5 mother of the bride dress
Mother of the Bride Outfit Ideas

1 comment:

  1. Very useful blog .thanks for sharing content .Jewish wedding a wedding ceremony that follows Jewish law and traditions.

    ReplyDelete